Traduzca esta pßgina al espa˝ol
Traduire Cette Page A Franšais
▄bersetzen Sie Diese Seite Zu Deutsch
An organization is judged by the company it keeps.
Ever wonder what kind of person becomes a Mason? The following list represents a sampling of Masons who are well known to the general public, both locally and internationally.
- Astor, John Jacob - financier - Holland Lodge No.8 (1798)
- Balfour, Lloyd - jewelry
- Bell, Lawrence - Bell Aircraft Corp.
- Chrysler, Walter P. - Chrysler Corporation
- Dow, William H. - Dow Chemical Co.
- Evans, Bob - Bob Evans Restaurants - Morning Dawn Lodge No. 7, Gallipolis
- Ford, Henry - Pioneer Automobile Manufacturer - Palestine Lodge No. 357,
- Gannett, Frank E. - Hobosco Lodge No. 716, Ithaca, NY - media empire
- Gillett, King C. - Gillett Razor Co.
- Hilton, Charles C. - Hilton Hotels - William B. Warren Lodge No. 309,
- Lipton, Sir Thomas - Lipton Tea Company - Scotia Lodge No. 178, Glasgow,
- Maytag, Fredrick - Maytag
- Molson, John - founder of Molson Breweries; St. Paul's Lodge, No. 374
UGLE, Montreal. Past Provincial Grand Master.
- Olds, Ransom E. - American automobile pioneer - Capitol Lodge No. 66,
- Penny, James C. - J.C. Pennys - Wasatch Lodge No. 1, Salt Lake City, UT
- Thomas, Dave - Wendys Restaurants - Sol. D. Bayless Lodge No 359, Ft.
- Teets, John W. - Chairman and President of Dial Corporation
- Wanamaker, John - Philadelphia retailer
CANADIAN PRIME MINISTERS
- Abbott, John J.C. - St Paul's Lodge No. 374 E.R., Montreal, PQ
- Bennett, Richard Bedford - initiated Miramichi Lodge No. 187, Chatham, NB;
affiliated Ashlar Lodge No. 28, Calgary, AB
- Borden, Robert Laird - St. Andrew's Lodge No. 1, Halifax, NS
- Bowell. MacKenzie - initiated St. Lawrence Lodge No, 640, E.R., Montreal,
PQ; affiliated Belleville Lodge No. 123, Belleville, ON
- Diefenbaker, John George - initiated Wakaw Lodge No. 166, Wakaw, SK;
affiliated Kinistino Lodge No. 1, Saskatchewan
- MacDonald, John A. - 1st PM of Canada - St. John's Lodge No. 5, Kingston,
ON; Honourary Past Grand Senior Warden, Grand Lodge of Canada in the Province
- Abbott, William "Bud" - actor/comedian; Daylight Lodge No. 525, MI
- Armstrong, Louis - jazz musician; Lodge of Montgomery No. 18, PHA, New
- Arnold, Eddy - singer
- Autry, Gene - actor; Catoosa Lodge No. 185, Oklahoma, OK
- Bassie, William "Count" - orchestra leader/composer; Wisdom Lodge No. 102,
- Beery, Wallace - actor; Blaney Lodge No. 271, IL
- Beethoven, Ludwig van - composer
- Berlin, Irving - composer/entertainer; Munn Lodge No. 190, New York City
- Blake, James Herbert "Eubie" - composer/pianist
- Blanc, Mel - comedian; Mid Day Lodge No. 188, OR
- Borgnine, Ernest - actor; Abingdon Lodge No. 48, Abingdon, VA
- Cain, Michael - actor
- Cantor, Eddie - singer; Munn Lodge No. 190, New York
- Clark, Roy - country western star; Jenks Lodge No. 497, Oklahoma, OK
- Cody, "Buffalo Bill" William F. - Indian fighter, Wild West Show - Platte
Valley Lodge No. 32 (15?), North Platte, NE
- Cohan, George M. - Broadway star; Pacific Lodge No. 223, New York, NY
- Cole, Nat 'King' - singer; Thomas Waller Lodge No. 49 PHA, Los Angeles, CA
- Costello, Lou - comedian
- Crosby, Norm - comedian
- deMille, Cecil B. - movie director; Prince of Orange Lodge No. 16, NY
- Ellington, Duke - composer, arranger and stylist; Social Lodge No. 1 PHA,
- Fairbanks, Douglas - actor; Beverly Hills Lodge No. 528, CA
- Fields, W.C. - actor; E. Coppee Mitchell Lodge No. 605, Philadelphia, PA
- Ford, Glenn - actor; Riviera Lodge No. 780, Pacific Palisades, CA
- Gable, Clark - actor; Beverly Hills Lodge No. 528, CA
- Gibson, Hoot - cowboy actor; Truth Lodge No. 628, Los Angeles, CA
- Gilbert & Sullivan - composers
- Gilbert, Sir William S. - Was the librettis for "Pirates of Penzance"; St.
Machar Lodge No. 54, Aberdeen, Scotland
- Godfrey, Arthur - actor; Acacia Lodge No. 18, Washington, DC
- Hampton, Lionel - Boyer Lodge No. 1 New York PHA
- Hardy, Oliver - actor; Solomon Lodge No. 20, Jacksonville, FL
- Harvey, Paul - radio personality
- Houdini, Harry - magician; St. Cecile Lodge No. 568, New York, NY
- Ives, Burl - singer and actor; Magnolia Lodge (now Magnolia-La Cumbre
Lodge) No. 242, Santa Barbara, CA
- Jolson, Al - entertainer; St. Cecile Lodge No. 568, New York
- Keaton, Buster - actor
- Kelly, Emmett, Sr. - famous circus clown (Weary Willie) - Sarasota Lodge
- Kern, Jerome David - American composer, "Show Boat" - Gramatan Lodge No.
927, Bronxville, NY
- Kristofferson, Kris - actor, songwriter
- Lincoln, Elmo - First actor to play Tarzan of the Apes (1918)
- Listz, Franz Von - Hungarian composer; Lodge Zur Einigkeit, Frankfurt,
- Lloyd, Harold C. - actor; Alexander Hamilton Lodge No. 535, Hollywood, CA
- Mayer, Louis B. - film producer who merged to form Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer
(MGM); St. Cecile Lodge No. 568, New York, NY
- Miller, Glenn - musician
- Mix, Tom - U.S. Marshal turned western actor; Utopia Lodge No. 537, Los
- Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus - composer; Lodge Zur Wohltatigkeit, Vienna
- North, Jay ("Dennis the Menace") - Lake Butler Lodge No. 52 F.& A.M.,
- Richards, Michael - comedian (Kramer of "Seinfeld" fame) - Plural member:
Riviera Lodge No. 780 & Culver City-Foshay No. 467 (CA)
- Ringling Brothers - all 7 brothers and their father; Baraboo Lodge No. 34,
- Rogers, Roy - actor; Hollywood Lodge No. 255 (355?), California
- Rogers, Will - actor; Claremore Lodge No. 53, Oklahoma
- Sellers, Peter - actor; Chelsea Lodge No. 3098, London, UK
- Skelton, Red - comedian; Vincennes Lodge No. 1, Vincennes, IN
- Sousa, John Philip - composer - Hiran Lodge No. 10, Washington, DC
- Switzer, Carl "Alfalfa" - of "Little Rascals" fame
- Thomas, Danny - actor
- Thomas, Lowell - radio announcer/newsman
- Tillis, Mel - musician; Branson Lodge No. 587, Branson, MO
- Wallenda, Enrico - circus legend
- Wallenda, Karl - circus legend
- Warner, Jack - Warner Brothers fame; Mount Olive Lodge No. 506, Los
- Wayne, John - Academy Award winning actor; Marion McDaniel Lodge No. 56,
- Wyler, William - file director
- Zanuck, Darryl F. - Co-founder of 20th Century Productions; Mount Olive
Lodge No. 506, Los Angeles, CA
- Ziegfeld, Florenz - Ziegfeld's Follies; Accordia Lodge No. 277, Chicago,
- Bartholdi, Frederic A. - designed the Statue of Liberty - Alsacre-Lorraine
- Baylor, Robert E. B. - founder Baylor University
- Beard, Daniel Carter - founder Boy Scouts; Mariners Lodge No. 67, New
- Borglum, Gutzon - carved Mt. Rushmore; Howard Lodge No. 35, New York City,
serving as W. Master 1910-1911
- Borglum, Lincoln - son of Gutzon, finished the above memorial; Battle
River Lodge No. 92, South Dakota
- Colt, Samuel - firearms inventor
- Darwin, Erasmus - physician and botonist. Initiated at St. David's Lodge
No. 36, Edinburgh in 1754.
- Dunant, Jean Henri - founder of the Red Cross
- Fitch, John - inventor of the steamboat; Bristol Lodge No. 25, Bristol, PA
- Fleming, Sir Alexander - invented Penicillin; Held Grand Office in the
- Ford, Henry - founder Ford Motor Company - Palestine Lodge No. 357,
- Gatling, Richard J. - built the "Gatling Gun"; Center Lodge No. 23,
- Gompers, Samuel - founder of the AFL - Dawson Lodge No. 16, Washington, DC
- Hedges, Cornelius - "Father" of Yellowstone National Park
- Hoban, James - architect for the U.S. Captial; Federal Lodge No. 1,
- Hoe, Richard M. - invented the rotary press, revolutionizing newspaper
- Jenner, Edward - invented vaccination for Small Pox; Faith and Friendship
Lodge No. 270, Berkeley, UK
- Jones, Melvin - One of the founders of the Lions International; Garden
City Lodge No. 141, Chicago, IL
- Lake, Simon - built first submarine successful in open sea.
- Lipton, Sir Thomas - Tea; Scotia Lodge No. 178, Glasgow, Scotland
- Mayo, Dr. William and Charles - founded the Mayo Clinic - Rochester Lodge
No. 21, Rochester, MN
- Peale, Norman Vincent - founder of "Guidepost"; Milwood Lodge No. 1062,
- Pike, Zebulon - Pike's Peak named after him
- Pullman, George - built first sleeping car on train; Renovation Lodge No.
97, Albion, NY
- Sanders, Harland "Colonel" - founded Kentucky Fried Chicken
- Sarnoff, David - father of television
- Sax, Antoine Joseph - invented the saxophone; Lodge Les Vrais Amis de
- Smith, Joseph, Jr. - founded the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day
- Stanford, Leland - drove the gold spike linking the intercontinetal
railroad and founded Stanford University
- Still, Andrew T. - American physician who devised the treatment of
- Thomas, Dave - founder of Wendy's Restaurants
- Washington, Booker T - educator, inventor, author; Grand Master,
- Wozniak, Steve - co-founder of Apple Computers; Charity Lodge No. 362,
KINGS OF ENGLAND
- Edward VII - Grand Master of the UGLE 1875-1901. Also Provincial Grand
Master for Lower Canada.
- Edward VIII - Household Brigade Lodge No. 2614. Grand Master of the United
Grand Lodge of England in 1936.
- George IV - Grand Master of the Grand Lodge of England (Moderns) 1790-1813
while still Prince of Wales.
- George VI - Grand Master of Scotland and honorary Past Grand Master of the
UGLE. Initiated in Naval Lodge No. 2612. Royal Arch First Principal, 33 degree
AASR, Past Grand Master Mark Master Lodge.
- William IV - made a Mason at Plymouth, England, March 9, 1786
- Allen, Ethan - General, Revolutionary War; Windsor, Vermont
- Arnold, General Henry "Hap" - Commander of the Army Air Force - Union
Lodge No. 7, Junction City, MO
- Barry, John - the Father of the American Navy - Old Lodge No. 2,
- Bonaparte - Jerome, Joseph, Louis, Lucien. All brothers of Napoleon, but
not the great Emperor himself.
- Bradley, Omar N. - General, U.S. Army; West Point Lodge No. 877, Highland
- Doolittle, General James - General, famous Air Force Pilot
- Farragut, David G. - Admiral in U.S. Civil War - Naval Lodge No. 87, Mare
- Garibaldi, Giuseppe - the "George Washington" of Italy - Tompkinsville
Lodge No. 471, Staten Island, NY; Grand Master of the Grand Lodge of Palermo
- Herkimer, Nicholas - Brigadier General, American Revolution - St. Patricks
Lodge No. 8, Johnstown, NY
- Jackson, Thomas Jonathan - "Stonewall" - General in Confederate Army
- Jones, John Paul - Founder and first admiral of the U.S. Navy - St.
Bernard Lodge No. 122 (now St. Cuthbert No. 41), Kirkudbright, Scotland
- Kitchener, Lord Horatio Herbert, PM - British Union Lodge No. 114,
Ipswich, England, and La Concordia Lodge, Cairo, UGLE
- Knox, Henry - first U.S. Secretary of War - St. Johns Regimental Lodge,
- MacArthur, General Douglas - Commander of Armed Forces in Philillines -
Manila Lodge No. 1, Manila, Philippines; Made a Mason "at sight" in the
Philippines and became 32 degree in Manilla and life member of the Nile Shrine
Temple, Seattle, WA
- Marshall, George C. - 5 star American General. Made a Mason "at sight" by
the Grand Lodge of the District of Columbia.
- McClellan, George B. - General, Union Army
- Murphy, Audie - most decorated American Soldier of WWII; North Hollywood
Lodge No. 542, and dual member of Heritage Lodge No. 764, CA
- Perry, Matthew Calbraith - Commodore; responsible for opening relations
with Japan; Holland Lodge No. 8, New York City
- Pershing, John Joseph "Blackjack" - General - Lincoln Lodge No. 19,
- Pickett, George E. - Maj. Gen. (CSA), led "Pickett's Charge" at Gettysburg
- Blandford Lodge, Petersburg, VA
- Rickenbacker, Eddie - great American Air Force Ace; Kilwinning Lodge No.
297, Detroit, MI
- Scott, Winfield - Dinwiddlie Lodge No. 23, Virginia
- Stark, John - Major General in U.S. Revolution War, "Green Mountain Boys"
- Masters Lodge No. 2, Albany, NY
- Steuben, Baron von - Prussian-American general of the American
- Wainwright, Jonathan M. - American General of the Bataan Peninsula - Union
Lodge No. 7, Junction City, KS
- Wayne, Anthony - "Mad Anthony"
PIONEERS AND EXPLORERS
- Aldrin, Edwin E. - Astronaut; second man on the moon; Montclair Lodge No.
- Byrd, Admiral Richard E. - flew over North Pole - Federal Lodge No. 1,
Washington, DC; established Antarctica Lodge No. 777 under the GL of New
- Carson, Christopher "Kit" - Frontiersman, scout and explorer; Montezuma
Lodge No. 109, Santa Fe, NM
- Casanova, Giovanni - Italian adventurer, writer and entertainer
- Clark, William - Explorer (Lewis & Clark); St. Louis Lodge No. 111,
St. Louis, MO
- Cooper, Gordon - Astronaut; Carbondale Lodge No. 82, Colorado.
- Crockett, David - Frontiersman and Alamo fame
- Glenn, John H. - Astronaut, and U.S. Senator; Concord Lodge No. 688,
- Grissom, Virgil "Gus" - Astronaut; Mitchell Lodge No. 228, Indiana
- Irwin, Jim - Astronaut; Lodge Tejon No. 104, Colorado Springs, CO
- Lewis, Meriwether - Explorer (Lewis & Clark) - was one of the founders
of St. Louis Lodge No. 111 with a charter from GL of Pennsylvania.
- Lindbergh, Charles - Aviator - Keystone Lodge No. 243, St. Louis, MO
- Peary, Robert E. - First man to reach the North Pole (1909) - Kane Lodge
No. 451 (454?), NY
- Scott, Capt. Robert Falcon - English explorer; Drury Lane Lodge No. 2127,
- Shackleton, Sir Ernest - English explorer
- Shirra, Wally - astronaut
- Stafford, Thomas Patten - astronaut
- Austin, Stephen F. - Father of Texas - Louisiana Lodge No. 109, St.
- Bolivar, Simon - Liberator of South America & the 1st President of the
Andean Region; founded Lodge Order and Liberty No. 2, Peru: 1824
- Brant, Joseph - Chief of the Mohawks (1742-1807); Hiram's Cliftonian Lodge
No. 417 E.R. (M) London, UK
- Bratton, William J. - LAPD Police Chief (former NYPD Commissioner) -
Rabboni Lodge, Westwood, MA
- Bryant, William Jennings - former Secretary of State - Temple Lodge No.
247, Miami, FL
- Calvo, Father Francisco - Catholic Priest who started Freemasonry in Costa
- Clay, Henry - U.S. Senator - Grand Master in Kentucky
- Clinton, DeWitt - Governor of New York and instigator of the Erie Canal -
Grand Master of New York; Holland Lodge No. 16 (now No. 8)
- Churchill, Winston S. - former Prime Minister, United Kingdom; Rosemary
Lodge 2851 and Studholme Lodge No. 1591
- Coleman, Norman B., Jr. - U.S. Senator from Minnesota - Ancient Landmark
Lodge No. 5 A.F.& A.M., St. Paul
- de San Martin, Jose - Liberator of Argentina & Uruguay
- de Sucre, Jose - Marshall of Bolivar & 1st President of Bolivia &
- Dole, Bob - former U.S. Senator/Majority Leader, Kansas; Russell Lodge No.
- Douglas, Jim - current Governor of Vermont; Union Lodge No. 2, Middlebury;
served as Master of Lodge in 1977-1978
- Fish, Hamilton, Jr. - U.S. Congressman; Triune Lodge No. 782,
- Garibaldi, Giuseppe - Italian freedom fighter; Tompkinsville Lodge No.
471, Staten Island, NY; 33 deg. Grand Master of the Grand Orient of Palerma.
- Goldwater, Barry - former U.S. Senator, Arizona; Arizona Lodge No. 2,
- Hoover, J. Edgar - Director of FBI; Federal Lodge No. 1, Washington, DC
- Houston, Sam - 2nd & 4th President of the Republic of Texas; U.S.
Senator - Holland Lodge No. 1, Houston, TX
- Humphrey, Hubert H. - former U.S. VP & Senator, Minnesota
- Hussein, King of Jordan - Past Grand Master of the Grand Lodge of Jordan
- Kalakaua, King of Hawaii
- Kemp, Jack - former U.S. Senator/Secretary of HUD, New York; Fraternal
Lodge No. 625 in Hamburg, NY
- La Guardia, Fiorella H. - La Guardia Airport, Mayor of New York 1930's
& 40's - Garibaldi Lodge No. 542, New York City
- Marti y Perez, Jose Julian - Cuban freedom fighter (for independence from
Spain) - Lodge Armonia No. 52? (Spain)
- Nunn, Sam - former U.S. Senator
- Pedro I, Dom Antonio Pedro de Alcantara Bourbon - declared Brazil
independent from Portugal and was crowned emperor. Returned to Portugal and
was crowned King Pedro IV. Grand Master of the Grand Orient of Brazil.
- Prince Paul of Romania - Hillsborough Lodge No. 25 F.& A.M., Tampa, FL
- Rayburn, Sam - Speaker of the House - Constantine Lodge No. 13, Bonham, TX
- Stevenson, Adlai E. Stevenson - U.S. Vice President - Metamora Lodge No.
82, Metamora, IL
- Brundage, Avery - U.S. Olympics - North Shore Lodge No. 937, Chicago, IL
- Cobb, Ty - baseball; Royston Lodge No. 426, Detroit, MI
- Dempsey, Jack - boxing; Kenwood Lodge No. 800, Chicago, IL
- Hornsby, Rogers - baseball; Beacon Lodge No. 3, St. Louis, MO
- Hubbel, Carl - baseball; Meeker Lodge No. 479, Oklahoma
- Johnson, John A. "Jack" - American world heavyweight champion boxer
1908-1915; Lodge Forfar and Kincardine No. 225, Dundee, Scotland.
- Naismith, James - inventor of Basketball - Roswell Lee Lodge, Springfield,
- Palmer, Arnold - golf; Loyalhanna Lodge No. 275, Latrobe, PA
- Rickey, Branch - baseball legend; Tuscan Lodge No. 360, St. Louis, MO
- Robinson, Sugar Ray - boxing; Joppa Lodge No. 55 PHA, New York, NY
- Speaker, Tris - baseball
- Starr, Bart - football, Green Bay Packers
- Webb, Matthew - first man to swim the English Channel (1875); Neptune
Lodge No. 22
- Young, Cy - baseball
- Burns, Robert - National Poet of Scotland; St. David's Lodge No. 174,
- Clemens, Samuel L. - Mark Twain - Polar Star Lodge No. 79, St. Louis, MO
- Collodi, Carlo - "Pinocchio"
- Doyle, Sir Author Conan - Sherlock Holmes - Phoenix Lodge 257, Southsea
- Gibbon, Edward - "Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire" - Lodge of
Friendship No. 3, London, UK
- Guest, Edgar A. - Poet; "The Lambskin Apron" - a 33 Degree Mason.
- Kipling, Rudyard - Hope and Perseverance Lodge No. 782. E.C., Lahore,
- Pushkin, Alexander - Russian poet; Lodge Ovid, Kischinev
- Schiller, (Johann Christoph) Friedrich von - German poet, dramatist,
philosopher, and historian.
- Scott, Sir Walter - Lodge Saint David, No. 36, Edinburough, Scotland
- Shakespeare, William
- Swift, Johathan - "Gulliver's Travels" - Goat-at-the-Foot-of-the-Haymarket
No. 16, Dublin, Ireland
- Tolstoi, Leo - author
- Voltaire - French writer and philosopher - Lodge of the Nine Sisters,
Paris, France, Lodge Les Neuf Soeurs (accompanied by Ben Franklin)
- Wallace, Lewis - "Ben Hur"
- Wilde, Oscar - Apollo University Lodge No. 357, Oxford, UK
- Bellamy, Rev. Francis - authored U.S. Pledge of Allegiance
- Bowie, James - Alamo; Humble Cottage Lodge No. 19, Opelousas, LA
- Clark, George Rogers - frontiersman - Abraham Lodge No. 8, Louisville, KY
- Franklin, Benjamin - signer of the U.S. Constitution; St. John's Lodge of
Philadelphia; Past Provincial Grand Master of Pennsylvania
- Hale, Nathan - "I regret that I have but one life to give to my country" -
St. John's Lodge No. 1, Rhode Island
- Hancock, John - signer of the Declaration of Independance; Massachusetts
Lodge No. 277, Quebec, Canada. Later affiliated with St. Andrews Lodge,
- Key, Francis Scott - wrote the "Star Spangled Banner" (U.S. National
- Lafayette, Marquis de - French supporter of Amerian Freedom; already a
Feemason in France, he was given honorary membership by many lodges and Grand
Lodges across the USA.
- McHenry, James - signer of the U.S. Constitution - Spiritual Lodge No. 23,
- Otis, James - "Taxation without Representation is Tyranny"
- Revere, Paul - "Midnight Ride" - St. Andrews Lodge & Grand Master of
- Travis, Colonel William B. - Alamo; Alabama Lodge No. 3, Claiborne, AL
- Buchanon, James - Lodge No. 43, Lancaster, PA
- Ford, Gerald R. - Malta Lodge No. 465, Grand Rapids, MI
- Garfield, James A. - Magnolia Lodge No. 20, Columbus, OH
- Harding, Warren G. - Marion Lodge No. 70, Marion, OH
- Jackson, Andrew - Harmony Lodge No. 1, Nashville, TN
- Jefferson, Thomas - Charlottesville Lodge No. 90, Charlottesville, VA
- Johnson, Andrew - Greenville Lodge No. 119, Greenville, TN
- Madison, James - Hiram Lodge, Westmoreland County, VA
- McKinley, William - Hiran Lodge No. 21, Winchester, NY
- Monroe, James - Williamsburg Lodge No. 6, Williamsburg, VA
- Polk, James K. - Lodge No. 31, Columbia, TN
- Roosevelt, Franklin D. - Holland Lodge No. 8, New York, NY
- Roosevelt, Theodore - Matinecock Lodge No. 806, Oyster Bay, NY
- Taft, William Howard - initiated Occasional Lodge, Cincinnati, OH;
affiliated Kilwinning Lodge No. 356, Cincinnati, OH
- Truman, Harry S. - Belton Lodge No. 450, MO
- Washington, George - Fredericksburg Lodge No. 4, Fredericksburg, VA; Past
Master, Alexandria Lodge No. 22, Virginia
U.S. SUPREME COURT JUSTICES
- Baldwin, Henry
- Black, Hugo L. - Birmingham Temple Lodge No. 836, Birmingham, AL
- Blair, Jr., John
- Blatchford, Samuel
- Burton, Harold H.
- Byrnes, James F.
- Catton, John
- Clark, Thomas C.
- Clarke, John H.
- Cushing, William - St. Andrews Lodge, Boston
- Davis, David
- Devanter, Willis Van
- Douglas, William O.
- Ellsworth, Oliver - Chief Justice
- Field, Stephen J.
- Harlan, John M.
- Jackson, Robert H.
- Jay, John - Chief Justice (1789-1795)
- Lamar, Joseph E.
- Marshall, John - Chief Justice (1801-1835) - Grand Master of Virginia
(1793 & 1794)
- Marshall, Thurgood
- Mathews, Stanley
- McLean, John
- Minton, Sherman
- Moody, William H.
- Nelson, Samuel
- Paterson, William
- Pitney, Mahlon
- Reed, Stanley F.
- Rutledge, John - Chief Justice
- Stewart, Potter
- Story, Joseph
- Swayne, Noah H.
- Taft, William H. - Chief Justice
- Todd, Thomas
- Trimble, Robert
- Van Devanter, Willis
- Vinson, Frederick M.
- Warren, Earl - Chief Justice
- Woodbury, Levi
- Woods, William B.